Mobile-payment app Venmo will improve its security features by adding stronger authentication procedures and email notifications, the company announced Monday.
Now users will receive notification emails anytime their phone number, email or password is changed, including a confirmation message to their original email address, along with a verification message to the new email address. Phone verification alerts will also be sent to mobile numbers.
Venmo will also soon verify a user’s identity through multiple methods, such as mobile-phone verification in addition to a regular password.
The security upgrade follows a recent case in which a user was fleeced out of approximately $3,000 after login credentials were suspiciously changed without notification.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time