Singers Sam Smith and John Legend have teamed up for a duet of Smith’s song “Lay Me Down” for charity.
The one-off single, now available on iTunes, will serve as the theme song of U.K.-based charity Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day, according to a news release. Smith and Legend will perform the song on March 13 at Comic Relief – Face the Funny, a live event at the London Palladium.
Red Nose Day occurs every two years as a way to bring people together and raise funds for people living amid poverty and social injustice in the U.K. and Africa. All proceeds from the song will go towards the charity.
Smith and Legend also released a video of their collaboration, with footage from Comic Relief’s projects in Africa. You can watch the video below:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com