Singers Sam Smith and John Legend have teamed up for a duet of Smith’s song “Lay Me Down” for charity.
The one-off single, now available on iTunes, will serve as the theme song of U.K.-based charity Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day, according to a news release. Smith and Legend will perform the song on March 13 at Comic Relief – Face the Funny, a live event at the London Palladium.
Red Nose Day occurs every two years as a way to bring people together and raise funds for people living amid poverty and social injustice in the U.K. and Africa. All proceeds from the song will go towards the charity.
Smith and Legend also released a video of their collaboration, with footage from Comic Relief’s projects in Africa. You can watch the video below:
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears