Dean Smith has been prepping for his marriage proposal to his girlfriend Jennifer for 365 days.
Smith videotaped himself holding up a whiteboard asking her to marry him every single day for a whole year, starting with January 8, 2014.
He did this while he was doing everyday things, such as brushing his teeth, eating breakfast or folding laundry.
The big reveal was while they were vacationing in Aruba with her family.
The family, who were in on the creative proposal, escorted her to a beach using similar white boards and then sat her down in a chair and had her watch Smith’s video.
“I just wanted to let you know how much I love you, how incredibly smart, funny, caring and stunningly beautiful you are,” Smith said in the video. “To me, you are perfect.”
He revealed that he made the video the day he decided he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.
“Jennifer, I love you more than anything in the world,” he said. “I know that you’re the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, but I want the timing to be perfect and make this moment special. For the next year, I’ll show you how much I love you and that you’re in my thoughts every day. I want to marry you.”
Smith then walked up behind her on the beach and got down on one knee.
It was an emotional gathering for all. One stranger who had gathered nearby even yelled out, “We all want invitations to the wedding!”
The beautiful gesture was complete with a big group hug and lots of happy tears.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World