Actress and activist Emma Watson took to Facebook on Sunday, which marked International Women’s Day, to advocate for men and women joining together in the fight for gender equality.
Watson, whose speech at the U.N. in September was widely lauded and coincided with the launch of the “HeForShe” campaign, held a one-hour discussion in London that was live-streamed on Facebook, where she had solicited questions.
Among the topics were roles imposed on men, misunderstandings (like men “saving” women), wage discrimination and more. “We’re never, ever, ever going to be able to fly as high,” she said, “unless we’re both in support of each other.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time