Actress and activist Emma Watson took to Facebook on Sunday, which marked International Women’s Day, to advocate for men and women joining together in the fight for gender equality.
Watson, whose speech at the U.N. in September was widely lauded and coincided with the launch of the “HeForShe” campaign, held a one-hour discussion in London that was live-streamed on Facebook, where she had solicited questions.
Among the topics were roles imposed on men, misunderstandings (like men “saving” women), wage discrimination and more. “We’re never, ever, ever going to be able to fly as high,” she said, “unless we’re both in support of each other.”
Read next: Emma Watson Wants to Know How You’re Advancing Gender Equality
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk