Actress and activist Emma Watson took to Facebook on Sunday, which marked International Women’s Day, to advocate for men and women joining together in the fight for gender equality.
Watson, whose speech at the U.N. in September was widely lauded and coincided with the launch of the “HeForShe” campaign, held a one-hour discussion in London that was live-streamed on Facebook, where she had solicited questions.
Among the topics were roles imposed on men, misunderstandings (like men “saving” women), wage discrimination and more. “We’re never, ever, ever going to be able to fly as high,” she said, “unless we’re both in support of each other.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears