Had enough Candy Crush and looking for some fun new games to play on your iPhone? Here are five favorites TIME rounded up this week.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.
Combining elements from much-loved classics, this puzzle game has all the trappings of an old-school handheld title with cleaned up graphics. Join blocks of the same color in order to clear over 160 levels. The design changes as you advance, helpfully keeping your eyes fresh so you don’t get that sense of fatigue that comes with so many puzzlers.
Spring Ninja is an adorable runner-type game in which you control a ninja with springs beneath its feet, jumping from column to column in order to beat your high score. It’s a challenge to jump from one to the next without falling off or overshooting the next platform, meaning it takes a considerable amount of practice to master the art of hitting your next landing spot.
Hovercraft - Build Fly Retry
Hovercraft is the battlebots of racing games: Design your own vehicle and see how it fares on the racetrack. It’s based on pared down principles of physics, but is still a lot of fun to see which absurd designs can keep afloat while reducing drag and picking up the most speed. Oh, and if you like explosions, this game is full of them.
An endless runner game with an arcade backdrop, Lastronaut tells the story of a world overrun by a mechanical army that must be destroyed. Jump, run, dodge, and attack wave after wave of enemy forces as you run through the map. Pick up robot weapons and different gear in order to last as long as you possibly can.
If you’ve ever dreamed of sneaking behind enemy lines to conduct spy missions, then Saboteur Diver is a great game for your iPhone. Assume the role of a diver who must go undetected to sabotage enemy subs and ships in an alternate reality setting. The challenge? Make sure to avoid the searchlights.