William Shatner was unable to attend the Sunday funeral of his Star Trek castmate Leonard Nimoy, who died last week, so he paid tribute to his longtime friend by answering Twitter questions about the man behind Mr. Spock.
Shatner, who played Star Trek’s Captain Kirk, had tweeted Saturday that he was unable to attend Nimoy’s funeral due to an agreement to appear at a Red Cross event. “So maybe tomorrow we come together here and celebrate his life,” he tweeted shortly after.
Here’s a selection of Shatner’s most touching and funny memories of Nimoy:
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022