A Spring Valley, N.Y. man celebrates his 108th birthday on Saturday with his wife of 82 years. And on her birthday in May, she’ll turn 105.
Duranord and Jeanne Veillard were married in Haiti in 1932 and moved to the U.S. in the late ’60s. The couple raised five children and live at home with a daughter. They are grandparents to 12 and great-grandparents to 14.
USA Today reports that the birthday boy starts each day with oatmeal, fruit and a cup of tea, and ends it with fish and vegetables. He is apparently still able to do five to seven push-ups daily.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization