A Spring Valley, N.Y. man celebrates his 108th birthday on Saturday with his wife of 82 years. And on her birthday in May, she’ll turn 105.
Duranord and Jeanne Veillard were married in Haiti in 1932 and moved to the U.S. in the late ’60s. The couple raised five children and live at home with a daughter. They are grandparents to 12 and great-grandparents to 14.
USA Today reports that the birthday boy starts each day with oatmeal, fruit and a cup of tea, and ends it with fish and vegetables. He is apparently still able to do five to seven push-ups daily.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022