If you’re still rubbing your eyes over the dress that has social media baffled, here’s definitive proof that it is indeed black and blue, not white and gold:
The photo of the controversial frock (dubbed #TheDress on social media) went around the Internet Thursday night and Friday morning, polarizing viewers into two categories: those who saw it as white and gold and those who saw it as black and blue. It seems those in the former category have been tricked by the odd lighting of the photo (and maybe even by the physiology of their eyes) as the dressmaker has confirmed that it is royal blue with black lace stripes.
Read next: Taylor Swift Says The Dress is Black and Blue
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction