Another woman has come forward claiming Bill Cosby sexually assaulted her, CNN reports.
Heidi Thomas claims she went over to Cosby’s house in 1984 to read lines, and he handed her a glass of Chablis to drink. According to CNN, “her memory of the next few hours is ‘foggy’ ” but she remembers waking up to find Cosby “next to her in bed, naked and ‘forcing himself in [her] mouth.’”
Thomas is coming forward with her story because she recently learned her mom knew about the alleged incident all along. Thomas doesn’t remember the conversation, but her mother says she called after the encounter and said “I did something wrong and … I got away and slammed the door.”
“I finally find out that she knows, that Dad knows, that they are supporting me if I want to go public,” she told CNN. “Then it became full steam ahead. I want to empower people.”
Thomas is one of many women who’ve come forward in recent months claiming Cosby drugged and/or sexually assaulted them. Cosby’s lawyer, Martin Singer, did not respond to EW’s multiple requests for comment.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com