The preliminary Oscars ratings are in, and it doesn’t look good for the Neil Patrick Harris-hosted awards ceremony.
According to The Wrap, 36.6 million viewers tuned into the 87th Academy Awards. (Although the show ran through midnight). That’s down almost 7.1 million from 2014 viewership when Ellen DeGeneres hosted the broadcast to 43.7 million viewers.
See More: An Oscar Telecast Saved by Music
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving