Television star turned Evangelical minister Kirk Cameron took home the top prizes Saturday night at this year’s Razzie Awards, a celebration of the year’s worst films. Cameron’s Saving Christmas, which IMDB users have ranked as the worst movie of all time, took home four Razzies, including worst picture.
“It’s about on the level of a super 8 movie from when I was a kid. It has no cinematic value at all,” Razzie founder John Wilson told the BBC after the show, held on the eve of the Academy Awards.
Other big winners included Michael Bay, who won worst director for Transformers 4: Age of Extinction, and Cameron Diaz, who won worst actress for The Other Woman and Sex Tape.
Read more: What Are the Razzie Awards?
Ben Affleck, who previously won a Razzie for Gigli, won the “Razzie Redeemer Award,” which acknowledges a recipient’s turnaround. The actor starred in the critically acclaimed Gone Girl last year.
Saturday’s ceremony, combining humor and biting criticism, marked the 35th Annual Gold Raspberries.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time