Gone are the days of buttoned-up, ultra-conservative, ultra-groomed Stephen Colbert from The Colbert Report. He’s been out of the fake news game since December, and now we know how he’s been using that time: growing a majestic silver beard.
The future Late Show host debuted his new rugged look at Thursday’s 10th annual Oscar Wilde Awards, E! News reports. He said he decided to test it out during his off-time between the end of The Colbert Report and the beginning of The Late Show later this year.
“I was curious what I actually looked like,” he said, “and it turns out it’s this.”
Colbert said it took his wife, Evelyn, a little time to get used to his new furry face, but citizens of the Internet are strongly in favor of what they’ve dubbed “the Colbeard.” They’ve gone so far as to call it “a thing of rare and ineffable beauty” and “the facial hair America deserves.”
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror