This week’s frigid temperatures have caused Niagara Falls to partially freeze, resulting in a pretty cool-looking formation even as water continues to fall. Canadian videographer Brent Foster took a drone over the falls for NBC Nightly News to get a bird’s eye view of the frozen formation. “I personally have never seen Niagara Falls frozen like that before. It was spectacular to capture,” Foster told Slate.
Read next: The Big Freeze Shatters Records on the East Coast
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space