ABC’s Modern Family is taking a page from the Beyonce playbook.
An upcoming episode of the hit sitcom was recorded almost entirely on Apple’s iPhone 6 and newer iPad models, the New York Times reports.
The episode, called “Connection Lost,” will revolve around the family’s attempt to locate a missing daughter. The characters will stay in touch over video and voice chat, as well as text messages and email, so it makes sense iPhones and other mobile devices were used to make the episode. “Everything was shot on the iPhone 6 or new iPads,” show co-creator Steve Levitan told the Times. “With one or two small scenes shot using MacBook Pros.”
Apple provided equipment to the show’s team to make the episode, the Associated Press reports.
“Connection Lost” will air Feb. 25 on ABC.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve