ABC’s Modern Family is taking a page from the Beyonce playbook.
An upcoming episode of the hit sitcom was recorded almost entirely on Apple’s iPhone 6 and newer iPad models, the New York Times reports.
The episode, called “Connection Lost,” will revolve around the family’s attempt to locate a missing daughter. The characters will stay in touch over video and voice chat, as well as text messages and email, so it makes sense iPhones and other mobile devices were used to make the episode. “Everything was shot on the iPhone 6 or new iPads,” show co-creator Steve Levitan told the Times. “With one or two small scenes shot using MacBook Pros.”
Apple provided equipment to the show’s team to make the episode, the Associated Press reports.
“Connection Lost” will air Feb. 25 on ABC.
Read next: Apple Watch Reportedly Had a Problem With Hairy Wrists
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement