No celebration of Saturday Night Live’s history would be complete without at least one round of Celebrity Jeopardy. Hosted by Will Ferrell as long-suffering host Alex Trebek who is just trying to get the celebrity contestants to finish one lousy round of Jeopardy.
That’s not likely to happen, though, with Sean Connery’s (Darrell Hammond) thick Scottish accent interfering with his ability to ask questions, Norm MacDonald’s Burt Reynolds insisting on answering imaginary questions about Andre the Giant, Alec Baldwin’s Tony Bennett, and Kate McKinnon’s Justin Bieber taking off midgame and having his lawyer stand in for him.
Halfway through the sketch, Jim Carrey showed up in character as Matthew McConaughey to further torment Trebek with his DIY voiceover, intense eye contact and monologue about his Lincoln.
When the contestants finally made it to a Video Daily Double on the game board, it created an awkward moment when Kenan Thompson reprised his role as Bill Cosby, which an embarrassed “Trebek” explained was “filmed back in June.”
It was a great tribute to one of the best, and longest-lasting, sketches in SNL history.
Watch the full clip below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science