For Chapter 11 bankruptcy, RadioShack. The retailer has lost $936 million since it was last profitable, in the fourth quarter of 2011.
By Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment, to team up on the Spider-Man franchise for the big screen. The character will appear in a future Marvel film, and the two studios will collaborate on the next Sony-owned Spider-Man solo feature.
Kenji Ekuan, 85, the Japanese designer of the Kikkoman soy-sauce bottle. He also worked on designs for the bullet train and Yamaha motorcycles.
Cathy Engelbert, as CEO of Deloitte. The 29-year veteran of the company becomes the first woman to lead a Big Four accounting and consulting firm.
Chicago team Jackie Robinson West, of its title as U.S. champions of the 2014 Little League World Series. An investigation found the team’s officials had recruited players from outside its geographic area.
André Brink, 79, South African novelist who wrote in both Afrikaans and English and whose books came under fire from apartheid-era censors.
This appears in the February 23, 2015 issue of TIME.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body