Season 3 of House of Cards made a surprise early debut on Netflix Wednesday, before disappearing again just as suddenly.
Netflix had announced that the political drama would premiere Feb. 27 on its site, but the first 10 episodes (of 13) appeared on the site Wednesday afternoon — over two weeks early.
At the end of Season 2, murderous politician Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) finally nabbed the presidency. Season 3 will explore how he and the new First Lady Claire (Robin Wright) fare as leaders of the free world. From the descriptions of the episodes, it looks like the Russian President will play a major role in this season’s plot line.
Update: Netflix acknowledged the leak in a tweet Wednesday afternoon:
And House of Cards creator Beau Willimon added his own joke:
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time