Season 3 of House of Cards made a surprise early debut on Netflix Wednesday, before disappearing again just as suddenly.
Netflix had announced that the political drama would premiere Feb. 27 on its site, but the first 10 episodes (of 13) appeared on the site Wednesday afternoon — over two weeks early.
At the end of Season 2, murderous politician Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) finally nabbed the presidency. Season 3 will explore how he and the new First Lady Claire (Robin Wright) fare as leaders of the free world. From the descriptions of the episodes, it looks like the Russian President will play a major role in this season’s plot line.
Update: Netflix acknowledged the leak in a tweet Wednesday afternoon:
And House of Cards creator Beau Willimon added his own joke:
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time