Season 3 of House of Cards made a surprise early debut on Netflix Wednesday, before disappearing again just as suddenly.
Netflix had announced that the political drama would premiere Feb. 27 on its site, but the first 10 episodes (of 13) appeared on the site Wednesday afternoon — over two weeks early.
At the end of Season 2, murderous politician Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) finally nabbed the presidency. Season 3 will explore how he and the new First Lady Claire (Robin Wright) fare as leaders of the free world. From the descriptions of the episodes, it looks like the Russian President will play a major role in this season’s plot line.
Update: Netflix acknowledged the leak in a tweet Wednesday afternoon:
And House of Cards creator Beau Willimon added his own joke:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve