Consider the honor of hosting Saturday Night Live an audition to return. To host SNL once you need only be famous or having a moment, but to land the gig again, you have to sail through the night, nail the timing and roll with the punches—because the punches do come. The celebrities with the most repeat appearances over the show’s 42 seasons are Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, who both became members of the show’s “Five Timer’s Club” in the 90s. So who’s the host with the most appearances and who are the surprising regulars?
See how many times 14 of SNL’s most frequent hosts of all time took the reins at Studio 8H below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out