Fifty Shades of Grey star Dakota Johnson can make anything sound sexy and she proved it Wednesday on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
The young star, who plays Anastasia Steele in the global phenomenon, was challenged to make sentences like, “Let me slip into my sweatpants” and “Excuse me, sir, this strawberry-flavored Chapstick just fell out of your fanny pack” sound alluring.
Johnson had no problem making those un-sexy lines sound like sultry come-ons. Fallon, however, could barely keep a straight face, let alone a come-hither look, while trying to work his magic on his lines like, “You’ll have to excuse the cloud of Gold Bond Powder.” Even a simmering over-the-shoulder look couldn’t give Fallon the same power Johnson (or even Steve Buscemi) has in one little wink, proving there’s a reason Jamie Dornan was cast as Christian Grey instead of Fallon.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World