Fifty Shades of Grey star Dakota Johnson can make anything sound sexy and she proved it Wednesday on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
The young star, who plays Anastasia Steele in the global phenomenon, was challenged to make sentences like, “Let me slip into my sweatpants” and “Excuse me, sir, this strawberry-flavored Chapstick just fell out of your fanny pack” sound alluring.
Johnson had no problem making those un-sexy lines sound like sultry come-ons. Fallon, however, could barely keep a straight face, let alone a come-hither look, while trying to work his magic on his lines like, “You’ll have to excuse the cloud of Gold Bond Powder.” Even a simmering over-the-shoulder look couldn’t give Fallon the same power Johnson (or even Steve Buscemi) has in one little wink, proving there’s a reason Jamie Dornan was cast as Christian Grey instead of Fallon.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears