Florence and the Machine haven’t made an album since 2011’s Ceremonials, so we’ve got some good news: the band just announced its upcoming third studio album.
In the meantime, the band has unveiled a new song from the album, called “How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful.” Oh, and we also get a new music video to go along with it.
The track is mysterious and lush and heavy on instrumentals, leading up to a big swell of brass halfway through. The video is appropriately vague and features lead singer Florence Welch interacting with someone who appears to be her doppelgänger.
It’s all pretty bizarre and doesn’t give us a ton of insight into what the album will feel like as a whole, but that’s okay. We’re still excited.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time