We have met the leader of the Rise of the Machines, and his name is Spot.
Spot — a smaller version of the company’s aptly named Big Dog — is capable of gracefully (for a robot) running up hills, maneuvering through rough terrain and climbing stairs. And he’s quiet, so you might not see him coming.
The robot also has the ability to self-stabilize, which Boston Dynamics illustrates by video taping employees kicking him in the side. Come on guys, I know you’ve seen enough movies to know you shouldn’t taunt the robots! This is how it all starts!
Granted, if Spot proves to be less vengeful and more benevolent, The Verge points out that he could be useful to assist with search and rescue missions and accessing disaster zones.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022