When actor Jamie Dornan, who plays Christian Grey in the upcoming Fifty Shades of Grey, visited Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show on Monday, the late-night host decided to indulge in a little (clean) fun. In a game called “Fifty Accents of Grey,” the two men alternated using a device dubbed the “accent generator,” and reading aloud lines from the Fifty Shades novel in different accents.
Dornan, who hails from Northern Ireland, was tasked with reading the line, “I don’t remember reading about nipple clamps in the Bible,” in a Scottish accent, while Fallon gave his best Russian impression.
Though Dornan seems to have a range of accents down, die-hard Fifty Shades fans will be happy to hear that on-screen Christian Grey is still all-American.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color