Shia LaBeouf’s introduction of Sia at the Grammys was odd, to say the least. Before the mysterious singer performed “Chandelier” at the awards show, LaBeouf read a poem. “Punch me if I stop crying,” he said, ending the poem “Love, Eric” with no hint as to who Eric is.
LaBeouf, 28, recently starred with Maddie Ziegler, 12, in Sia’s controversial “Elastic Hearts” video. Critics said placing a 20-something actor alongside a tween in nude leotards was inappropriate. The artist apologized for the sexual overtones of the video shortly after it premiered.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State