Looks like Google’s been taking notes on Budweiser’s wildly successful ads featuring a puppy and a Clydesdale horse striking up a lifelong friendship. In a new Android commercial developed by ad agency Droga5, the company shows off a bunch of unlikely animal pairings: a kitten and a pair of baby chicks, a cat and a dog, and a dog and a dolphin, among others. The idea hews to the latest Android slogan, “Be Together. Not the Same.” It’s a not-too-subtle dig at the uniformity of Apple’s iPhone line compared to the variability of Android devices. It’s very, very cute. But it may not resonate with consumers. Apple just sold a record number of iPhones in the final quarter of 2014, and one estimate by Kantar Worldpanel says that iOS overtook Android as the leading mobile OS in the U.S. last quarter for the first time since 2012.
Read next: 9 Ways Advertisers Think We Could Convince Parents to Vaccinate
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space