Looks like Google’s been taking notes on Budweiser’s wildly successful ads featuring a puppy and a Clydesdale horse striking up a lifelong friendship. In a new Android commercial developed by ad agency Droga5, the company shows off a bunch of unlikely animal pairings: a kitten and a pair of baby chicks, a cat and a dog, and a dog and a dolphin, among others. The idea hews to the latest Android slogan, “Be Together. Not the Same.” It’s a not-too-subtle dig at the uniformity of Apple’s iPhone line compared to the variability of Android devices. It’s very, very cute. But it may not resonate with consumers. Apple just sold a record number of iPhones in the final quarter of 2014, and one estimate by Kantar Worldpanel says that iOS overtook Android as the leading mobile OS in the U.S. last quarter for the first time since 2012.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization