This week, Katy Perry signed an exclusive, five-year partnership to create a free mobile game with Glu Mobile Inc, the mobile developers that created Kim Kardashian: Hollywood. The game will launch on iOS and Android platforms at the end of the year.
Details remain murky about the game’s content, but Glu says it will “introduce players to a digital playground of global success and talent,” according to a press release. With Perry selling over ten million albums and attracting over 60 million followers on Twitter, the 30-year-old’s game is already expected to be a hit like Kardashian’s.
“Katy is arguably the most recognized musician in America following her Super Bowl XLIX Halftime performance this past Sunday,” said Glu CEO Niccolo de Masi. “She is a cultural icon and we expect to translate key elements of her success into an innovative, highly entertaining mobile experience.”
Perry’s Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show performance was broadcast to over 118 million people, drawing the highest number of viewers in the event’s history.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time