A Malaysian artist Hong Yi, nicknamed “Red,” created a portrait of a man pouring teh tarik, a hot milk tea drink popular in the country.
It took the artist two months to make this work of art, which was on display at the end of January in Davos, Switzerland, where the World Economic Forum was taking place. As the artist explained her process on YouTube:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at firstname.lastname@example.org