The fine-art scene is hungry for something new. Something fresh. Something bananas.
Netherlands-based artist Stephan Brusche started small. “I was at work and I just wanted to post something. I then noticed my banana and I figured it would make a nice post if I just drew a little happy face on it,” he told Bored Panda. “I took a ballpoint pen and just started drawing. I was pretty amazed how pleasant a banana peel is to draw on.”
Brusche, who posts his art to his Instagram account, soon started experimenting with the banana’s shape — peeling and carving the fruit into surprising sculptures.
And even political statements:
Brusche has dabbled in other fruit:
But really it’s all about that banana:
You can buy the artwork on his site — although you’re on your own when it comes to preservation.
(h/t: Bored Panda)
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive