— Men and women kiss for different reasons. “Males tend to kiss as a means of gaining sexual favors, or as a means of affecting reconciliation… Females kiss more as a mate-assessment device.”
— The odds a woman will kiss her partner on their first date are 1 in 1.85, or about 54%.
— Most people naturally turn their head to the right when kissing, whether they’re left or right handed.
— Kissing is healthy. Couples instructed to kiss more “experienced improvements in perceived stress, relationship satisfaction, and total serum cholesterol.”
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 150,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears