We already know the science of why you can’t resist Frozen. So if you’re looking for another reason to revisit the magical kingdom of Arendelle, there’s no need to let go of that fairy tale idea just yet. Here are four snowy European getaways that will help you channel your inner Elsa.
1. Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel in Alta, Norway. Every year, this frosty palace is remade entirely from snow, complete with an ice chapel for memorable wedding receptions. Visitors can warm up in the outdoor hot tubs (although the cold never bothered you anyway, right?).
2. Igloo Village Kakslauttanen in Saariselka, Finland. Spend a night in Kakslauttanen’s glass igloo pods and view the Northern Lights from the comfort of your bed. Guests brave enough to venture into the elements may try ice swimming, ice fishing or a reindeer safari fit for Kristoff and Sven.
3. Balea Ice Hotel in Cîrţişoara, Romania. A visit to southeastern Europe’s first ice hotel will have you dining on ice plates at ice tables while sitting on ice chairs. Pass the time with traditional winter activities like sledding, ice skating and a snowman-building contest where you can attempt to recreate Olaf.
4. Det Hanseatiske Hotel in Bergen, Norway. This real-life city inspired Arendelle, the movie’s fictional setting. The hotel is situated a short distance from old-world attractions like a fish market, museum and a cable car that takes tourists up Bergen’s highest mountain.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time