President Obama weighed into the ‘deflategate’ controversy by cracking a few jokes ahead of Sunday’s Super Bowl.
Speaking at the annual House Democratic retreat in Philadelphia on Thursday, Obama called on any supporters of the New England Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks to keep it clean, CNN reports.
“I want to just remind the New England and Pacific Northwest contingents [that] this is the City of Brotherly Love, so regardless of what you think about Sunday, I want you all to keep it clean,” he said.
Rep. Joe Crowley then shouted from the audience, “bring your own balls!
The Patriots have been accused of deflating their footballs during the AFC Championship game against the Indianapolis Colts.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization