During a recent halftime performance, the Atlanta Hawks mascot Harry the Hawk and a couple of back-up dancers had the crowd on their feet with a lip-sync performance of “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson, featuring Bruno Mars.
As sports writers have been pointing out, the upbeat routine jibes perfectly with the NBA team’s 17-game winning streak in the Eastern conference. The team has even changed its name on Twitter to “aWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWks,” adding a “W” for each win.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time