Some people already seem to think tweeting is an art form — and a new website wants to take your 140-character quips and turn them into real, bona fide poetry.
This wonderful tool, called Poetweet, will simply scan your tweets and turn them into one of three poetic forms: either a sonnet, a rondel or an indriso. All you do is plug in your Twitter handle, choose the form you prefer and then sit back and wait for magical, poetic glory to emerge.
I tested it out with my personal Twitter account and got some interesting results. It’s not the best poem, necessarily, but my co-workers seem to think it captures my essence pretty well:
by Samantha Grossman
PLAY BY THE RULES
Of human emotion at a Knicks game
One shiba who smiles about bubbles
I was on the edge of my seat!
First place at Mean Girls trivia
10/10 would eat
Have been posted on Facebook. via
Including two run-by fruitings.
Stop saying “screenshotted”
You’re missing important things
And Darth’s head!
For Ebola in New York City. Welp.
Offering laptop batteries instead?
Try it for yourself here, but don’t expect to feel like the next Wordsworth.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears