Harry Potter star Emma Watson’s latest role will be another bookish heroine.
“I will be playing Belle in Disney’s new live-action Beauty and the Beast!” the actress posted on her Facebook page. “My six year old self is on the ceiling – heart bursting. Time to start some singing lessons.”
The movie will be directed by Bill Condon, who directed The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, and produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.
According to a Disney press release, the film will begin filming later this year.
Read next: 10 Things Beauty and the Beast‘s Belle and Harry Potter‘s Hermione Have in Common
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction