Most Emoji enthusiasts would agree that selecting the right one is an art form — and rapper Yung Jake is truly taking that idea to the next level.
Using a new site called emoji.ink, he’s been creating impressively lifelike portraits of celebrities ranging from comedy icons like Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld to rappers like Wiz Khalifa and Cam’ron. It may sound like a silly gimmick — but these portraits actually incorporate a striking attention to detail and a clear sense of creativity.
Naturally, when we reached out to Yung Jake for more information about his artistic process, his response was riddled with Emoji:
See some of the best portraits above and check out the rest on Yung Jake’s Instagram.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve