Tabloid readers are up-to-date with Jennifer Aniston’s alleged struggles with her love life, her ex-husband and, more recently, the Academy Awards. But in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the actress opened up about a very real struggle: her dyslexia.
Growing up, Aniston thought she just wasn’t a good student.
“I thought I wasn’t smart,” she said. “I just couldn’t retain anything.”
But things changed in her early 20’s when she went into an innocuous eye exam for glasses and came out with a diagnosis for dyslexia. “Now, I had this great discovery,” she said. “I felt like all of my childhood trauma-dies, tragedies, dramas were explained.”
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time