The White House decided to have a little fun ahead of Tuesday night’s State of the Union speech.
An hour before President Barack Obama began his annual address on major topics like energy, the economy and foreign policy, the official account indicated the President would wear the tan suit that ignited a bit of controversy in August. Some loved it then, but others seemed to hate it.
Turns out, it was a fake-out, as Obama was spotted leaving the White House for the Capitol in a trademark blue suit.
When the tan suit made an appearance last year, social media users and politicians slammed the President’s color choice for its discord with the seriousness of his press briefing’s topic: the threat of the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time