In the not-so-distant future, you might be able to have your 3D printed cake and eat it in your 3D printed apartment.
A Chinese company unveiled a five-story apartment building and three-story mansion that were constructed using a 500-foot-long 3D printer, CNet reports.
Construction company WinSun presented the apartment building at Suzhou Industrial Park:
Here’s the 11,840-square-foot mansion:
According to CNet, the villa cost about $161,000 to build, decreased production time between 50 and 70 percent and saved between 30 and 60 percent of construction waste.
This isn’t WinSun’s first 3D construction feat. In April, the company claimed to print 10 houses in less than 24 hours.
The future is here.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time