A videographer from Laguna Beach, Calif., fulfilled a lifelong dream recently when he managed to film a pod of wild orcas playing and swimming around his paddle board.
Rich German has uploaded a host of videos of the sea life around his hometown but always wanted to capture some orcas, more commonly known as killer whales, KPCC reports.
This wish was finally fulfilled when five whales converged on his board not far from Long Beach. “I was too excited to be scared,” he said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction