A videographer from Laguna Beach, Calif., fulfilled a lifelong dream recently when he managed to film a pod of wild orcas playing and swimming around his paddle board.
Rich German has uploaded a host of videos of the sea life around his hometown but always wanted to capture some orcas, more commonly known as killer whales, KPCC reports.
This wish was finally fulfilled when five whales converged on his board not far from Long Beach. “I was too excited to be scared,” he said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Helen Regan at firstname.lastname@example.org