Peter Mayhew, the actor who plays Chewbacca in the iconic Star Wars franchise, has been taken to the hospital after suffering a bout of pneumonia.
The news was confirmed by the administrator of Mayhew’s website on the actor’s Twitter account Monday, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
But fans of bounty hunter Han Solo’s furry sidekick need not fear, as the actor’s wife said on Reddit that he is expected to make a full recovery.
The 70-year-old, 7-ft. 3-in.-tall Mayhew, who had a double-knee replacement in 2013, will reprise his role as everyone’s favorite Wookie in Star Wars: The Force Awakens later this year.
May the force be with him.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Rishi Iyengar at firstname.lastname@example.org