Peter Mayhew, the actor who plays Chewbacca in the iconic Star Wars franchise, has been taken to the hospital after suffering a bout of pneumonia.
The news was confirmed by the administrator of Mayhew’s website on the actor’s Twitter account Monday, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
But fans of bounty hunter Han Solo’s furry sidekick need not fear, as the actor’s wife said on Reddit that he is expected to make a full recovery.
The 70-year-old, 7-ft. 3-in.-tall Mayhew, who had a double-knee replacement in 2013, will reprise his role as everyone’s favorite Wookie in Star Wars: The Force Awakens later this year.
May the force be with him.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve