Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore launched a broadside attack on the use of military snipers in warfare to mark the release of the Oscar-nominated movie American Sniper.
Directed by Clint Eastwood, the movie is based on the life of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, and received Academy Award nominations for Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Adapted Screenplay. It is projected to take $105.2 million over the Martin Luther King holiday weekend.
Yet Moore remains far from impressed.
A few hours later, however, the Fahrenheit 9/11 director qualified his outburst somewhat.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy