A segment on the home-shopping network was recently selling some science that we aren’t buying.
QVC host Shawn Killinger and designer Isaac Mizrahi were debating whether the Moon is a planet or a star. Here is a snippet of that conversation:
Killinger: “Isn’t the moon a star?”
Mizrahi : “No, the Moon is a planet, darling.”
Killinger: “Don’t look at me like that! The sun is a star!”
Mizrahi: “I don’t know what the Sun is.”
The Moon, the Earth’s only natural satellite, is neither, by the way.
Maybe the next segment will be selling science textbooks.
(h/t The Verge)
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms