Melissa McCarthy will let Allison Janney up rather than down in the trailer for Spy, the third joint effort between McCarthy and director Paul Feig following the successes of Bridesmaids and The Heat.
The trailer from Yahoo gives us a look at Susan Cooper, a CIA analyst, who gets a chance to be in the field when the agents, played by the likes of Jude Law (doing an American accent) and Jason Statham (doing his own accent) are compromised by Rose Byrne’s character. (Yet another Bridesmaids reunion.) Cue the funny wigs and ass kicking. Though McCarthy does have some trouble with a scooter. “Who puts a roof on a scooter? What are you, the Pope?”
This movie could be a precursor to another re-teaming of Feig and McCarthy in the Ghostbusters remake: According to The Hollywood Reporter, McCarthy is in early talks to star.
Spy is due out May 22.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now