It’s easy to think of Harry Potter’s best (and arguably smartest) friend Hermione solely as Emma Watson, the actress who played her in the movies. But the publishers of J.K. Rowling’s beloved young wizard series decided to give Ms. Granger and company a completely new look. And on Tuesday, a few more re-designs came on display for the first time.
Bloomsbury UK and Scholastic in the U.S. have released new images from the first fully illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, which will be hit shelves on October 6. The new edition will be a hardcover with illustrated endpapers and illustrations by Jim Kay throughout.
J.K. Rowling met with Kay and had approval during the process, according to Bloomsbury UK publicity. “She’s definitely seen the majority of the illustrations,” a spokesperson for the publisher says. In addition to the new release of what Hagrid, Hermione, Malfoy and Ron will look like in the book, images of The Boy Who Lived himself and Hogwarts were released in December. See what they look like below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve