Police in riot gear used tear gas to break up crowds of revelers in Columbus early Tuesday after Ohio State’s national title win over the Oregon Ducks.
At least a dozen small fires were reported after thousands poured out of bars to celebrate the Buckeyes’ victory, authorities said.
Columbus Police Department spokeswoman Denise Alex-Bouzounis told NBC News that about 8,000 students forced their way into The Horseshoe stadium and tore down a goal post.
She described the crowds as being “intense” after the game. Three canisters of tear gas were used in front of the Ohio Union at around 1:15 a.m. …
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears