Macklemore — excuse me, Mucklemore — stopped by Sesame Street to join the Grouches for a “Thrift Shop” parody that, at times, is near indistinguishable from his actual hit song.
While famous musicians have stopped by the children’s program before to teach them valuable lessons and impart important advice, the take-away from the Seattle rapper’s guest appearance is not so clear. Consider a future career as a garbageman or garbagewoman? Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty? Always keep an eye out for a bargain, even if it’s actual trash?
Either way, he deserves props for the reworked hook — “This is gross and awesome” — which manages to both sanitize the original not-so-child-friendly lyrics and embrace what some viewers are probably already thinking.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer