Macklemore — excuse me, Mucklemore — stopped by Sesame Street to join the Grouches for a “Thrift Shop” parody that, at times, is near indistinguishable from his actual hit song.
While famous musicians have stopped by the children’s program before to teach them valuable lessons and impart important advice, the take-away from the Seattle rapper’s guest appearance is not so clear. Consider a future career as a garbageman or garbagewoman? Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty? Always keep an eye out for a bargain, even if it’s actual trash?
Either way, he deserves props for the reworked hook — “This is gross and awesome” — which manages to both sanitize the original not-so-child-friendly lyrics and embrace what some viewers are probably already thinking.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears