George Clooney warned that he would get his revenge on returning Golden Globe hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler for poking fun at the actor last year, but he might have to step it up after their opening monologue. Poehler and Fey took aim at the Gravity star yet again — now that he’s married to accomplished lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
Alamuddin is a “human rights lawyer who worked on the Enron case, an adviser to Kofi Annan on Syria and was appointed to a three-person commission investigating rules of war violations in the Gaza strip,” Fey said. “So tonight her husband is getting a lifetime achievement award.”
Based on audience applause, it sounded like a contender for joke of the night — until Fey and Poehler followed up with a pointed Bill Cosby joke a few moments later.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World