George Clooney warned that he would get his revenge on returning Golden Globe hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler for poking fun at the actor last year, but he might have to step it up after their opening monologue. Poehler and Fey took aim at the Gravity star yet again — now that he’s married to accomplished lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
Alamuddin is a “human rights lawyer who worked on the Enron case, an adviser to Kofi Annan on Syria and was appointed to a three-person commission investigating rules of war violations in the Gaza strip,” Fey said. “So tonight her husband is getting a lifetime achievement award.”
Based on audience applause, it sounded like a contender for joke of the night — until Fey and Poehler followed up with a pointed Bill Cosby joke a few moments later.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time