George Clooney warned that he would get his revenge on returning Golden Globe hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler for poking fun at the actor last year, but he might have to step it up after their opening monologue. Poehler and Fey took aim at the Gravity star yet again — now that he’s married to accomplished lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
Alamuddin is a “human rights lawyer who worked on the Enron case, an adviser to Kofi Annan on Syria and was appointed to a three-person commission investigating rules of war violations in the Gaza strip,” Fey said. “So tonight her husband is getting a lifetime achievement award.”
Based on audience applause, it sounded like a contender for joke of the night — until Fey and Poehler followed up with a pointed Bill Cosby joke a few moments later.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization