George Clooney warned that he would get his revenge on returning Golden Globe hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler for poking fun at the actor last year, but he might have to step it up after their opening monologue. Poehler and Fey took aim at the Gravity star yet again — now that he’s married to accomplished lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
Alamuddin is a “human rights lawyer who worked on the Enron case, an adviser to Kofi Annan on Syria and was appointed to a three-person commission investigating rules of war violations in the Gaza strip,” Fey said. “So tonight her husband is getting a lifetime achievement award.”
Based on audience applause, it sounded like a contender for joke of the night — until Fey and Poehler followed up with a pointed Bill Cosby joke a few moments later.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022