J.K. Rowling wasn’t pleased with Rupert Murdoch’s tweet about holding all Muslims responsible for terrorism in the wake of the Paris attacks.
The News Corp CEO blamed all Muslims for “growing jihadist cancer” in a tweet posted Friday, following the deadly ambush on the office of satire magazine Charlie Hebdo last week. (al-Qaeda’s Yemen branch claimed responsibility for the attack, but U.S. officials said Sunday there is no credible information yet on which group is responsible.)
The Harry Potter author had something to say about Murdoch’s views on Islam.
Rowling also tweeted sarcastically to take responsibility for the Spanish Inquisition and Jim Bakker, a conservative American televangelist who served time in prison and infamously faced rape and fraud allegations while preaching on Christian values.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms